1. Applications can be obtained in the front office of WHS
2. Make sure to complete ALL blank spaces on the work permit request.
3. Clear ALL FINES listed in the Student Store. Your fines must be
cleared before a work permit is issued.
4. Your work permit expires when you leave a job. You must request a
new work permit each time you get a job until you are 18.
5. Summer work permits expire in the fifth day after school starts in
6. Your work permit expires when you change schools, even if you do not
change jobs. You must request a new work permit from your new
school upon registration. If you do not register with another school
and are not 18, you are not eligible to work.
7. Make sure your employer and parent complete and sign their portion
of the work permit.
8. If this is a second job, and you have another work permit on file for a
different job, please indicating in writing “2nd job” in the upper left corner.
Work Permit Requirements
• Students with work permits at Woodland High are required to maintain
appropriate attendance and school performance to maintain their work
• Students with a GPA below 2.0 will not be issued a work permit
or have their work permit revoked. Employers will be notified of
the revocation of the work permit.
• If the work permit is revoked, students may apply to have their work
permit reinstated if attendance and/or academic performance has
improved and the student again meets the requirements listed above.
Allowable work hours and ages for WHS Students:
Non-School Days: 14-17 yrs old = 8 hrs per day/40 per
School Days: 14-15 yrs old = 3 hrs per day/18 per