(W)riter, reader, thinker, EXPLORER!
Literate Person/Complex Thinker
· Meets the content and performance standards in all academic and career/technical areas.
· Produces work that reflects a variety of thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
· Selects appropriate informational resources.
· Questions, analyzes, and evaluates information to create solutions, produce work, and make decisions.
· Explores opportunities to connect with an inner-spark: sports, art, music, clubs, etc.
(H)ears others and responds appropriately.
· Conveys messages, ideas, thoughts, feelings and beliefs to others through various methods.
· Demonstrates the ability to implement a variety of communication techniques including written, auditory, visual, electronic, and nonverbal.
· Listens carefully and responds appropriately.
· Exhibits self-discipline and personal responsibility.
(S)erious about my future.
Self-Directed, Life-Long Learner
· Takes responsibility for setting personal and academic goals, both at WHS and beyond.
· Creates a plan based on personal, academic, and career goals.
· Selects, adjusts, monitors, and applies problem solving strategies.
· Applies learning to real situations.
· Shows respect for self, and others.